Clearway has been operating since 1973 specializing in construction of sewer and watermain, shoring, road reconstruction, bridge, concrete forming, civil utilities, marine, brownfield rehabilitation and treatment plant/pumping station and residential and commercial developments, project management and general contracting, across Canada with a focus on the Greater Toronto Area.
This is your opportunity to work for a growing Construction company who values the contribution of its employee, their creativity, ingenuity, initiative, excellence and high-level of commitment.
Reporting directly to a Project Director, the Project Manager is responsible for the overall control, direction and progression of the contract work. The project manager will be accountable for contract time, completion cost and general overall project performance including health and safety requirements. The main objective of the project manager will be to deliver the specified work within time, within budget and to the desired level of quality and workmanship.
- The project manager will be responsible for promoting a professional and co- operative working relationship with the owner, the contract administrator and/or the design consultants to ensure repeat business;
- The project manager will be the primary contact for the Contractor on the project. As such, the project manager will attend and lead all site and project team meetings on behalf of Clearway;
- The project manager will review all of the background material (i. contract drawings, specifications, addendum, geotechnical information, etc.) that has been prepared for the project to become familiar with the client’s objectives, the overall project needs, the major milestones for the project, along with any applicable operational and/or working constraints. The project manager will also identify and procure any additional information that might be needed prior to developing an effective work plan for the project;
- The project manager will complete and file the necessary contract information in a project file, and will acquire a job number for the project; the job number should be reflected in all future correspondence and work files pertaining to the said project;
- The project manager will review the estimate that was prepared for the project so that the work can be organized and coordinated in accordance with the sam The project manager will undertake to assess the risks associated with each of the work activities and will aim to identify any assumptions and limitations that may be applicable to the proposed work;
- The project manager will aim to identify all key deliverables on the project; i.e. those that are necessary to ensure the completion of the project within the timeframes as stipulated;
- The project manager will be responsible for procuring all of the required materials and subcontractors that will be incorporated into the work;
- The project manager will be responsible for undertaking the necessary negotiations to ensure that the required materials and services are procured at the best possible price and within budget where possible. The project manager will report all instances where reported costs grossly exceed construction estimates;
- The project manager will prepare a purchase order and/or a subcontract document for the necessary suppliers and/or subcontractors for the project, and in this regard, the project manager will use Clearway’s standard forms;
- The project manager will acquire and file all necessary permits, approvals and notices, as might be necessary, to successfully implement the Construction work plan;
- The project manager shall review the prime contract specifications to identify a complete list of submittals required by the contract administrator and/or the design consultants, in advance of the execution of the work;
- The project manager will be familiar with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act; i. as they relate to the undertaking of the proposed work;
- The project manager shall promptly notify representatives of the owner of perceived changes in the contract conditions and/or the proposed scope of work and will be responsible for generating estimates related to changes in the work and/or additional work, as may be necessary;
- The project manager will prepare and review all progress payment applications in conjunction with Site Superintendent and Project Coordinator;
- Be aware of unit costs and monitor and compare daily progress on site with that of the project's estimate in conjunction with the Project Superintendent;
- The project manager will review all invoices for materials and services that are supplied to the project to ensure that they are accurate and consistent with the purchase orders and/or the subcontract documents;
- The project manager shall attend to visit the project site, as necessary, and to correspond with the project superintendent, as necessary, to review the job requirements and overall progress of the work;
- The project manager will ensure that measures are in place to adequately monitor the progression of the subcontract work, and in this regard, the project manager will be sure to undertake regular site meetings with subcontractors as necessary, to review, coordinate and administer, their applicable work plans;
- The project manager will submit an application for substantial completion and corresponding total completion of the work, as soon as is practically possible, and ensure publication in accordance with the applicable lien legislation;
- Maintain a good working knowledge of trade unions, their agreements and stipulations.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- College diploma or Engineering degree, 5 - 10 years of construction experience is required;
- Superior oral and written communication skills in highly demanding and time sensitive situations is essential;
- Must be able to apply innovative management practices to maximize project perform;
- Ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to Owners, Engineers, Clearway staff and the community;
- Proficiency with HCSS Heavy Bid Estimating Software, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, necessary;
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Project is an asset;
- Must be able to apply innovative management practices to maximize project perform.
Please, no phone calls or agencies.