At Clearway we are committed to every project. We pride ourselves on a keen work ethic and more importantly, the talent and skill of our people. In fact, the Clearway Staff is the reason why so many organizations turn to us for the most complex construction assignments. That is how we’ve evolved from a sewer and watermain contractor, to one of Canada’s most reputable construction companies with as many capabilities as there are needs.
Clearway has been operating since 1973 specializing in sewers and watermains, transportation, dry utilities, shoring, road reconstruction, bridges, concrete forming, marine, environmental remediation and treatment plants / pumping stations.
We are building our Vancouver team as part of an aggressive expansion into the BC market. If you are looking to work for a growing company who values the contribution of its employees and you demonstrate creativity, ingenuity, initiative and a high-level commitment then we are the company for you. We offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities, with room to grow, learn and excel.
Reporting directly to the Construction Manager and Project Superintendent, a Project Coordinator at Clearway is responsible for assisting in the planning, supervision and execution of construction projects. The Project Coordinator assists the Project Manager and Project Superintendent in project administration and field work, communicate with clients, consulting engineers and subcontractors. Other major tasks include keeping up to date construction schedules and as-built drawings, documenting contract change orders and Health and Safety documentation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze specifications and construction drawings and complete/participate in completing construction plan, construction schedule, existing utility locates, material quantity takeoffs, material purchase orders and subcontracts;
- Work closely under the guidance and direction of Project Manager and Superintendent to learn Clearway construction methods and contract administration systems;
- Monitor work on site, to ensure compliance with owner's standards, design procedures, contract specifications and building codes;
- Research solutions to design problems, including conflicts, unidentified existing interference and errors/omissions;
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent, where applicable, in the day to day duties of contract administration;
- Coordinate with subcontractors in requesting and following up on shop drawing submittals, additional work pricing and design submittals;
- Assist Project Manager in maintaining accurate and up-to-date logs (Shop drawings, RFI, RFQ, Purchase Orders, etc.), track responses and keep Project Manager and Superintendent up to date of the status;
- Assist in creating and updating as-built and maintenance manual documents;
- Perform analysis of owner/engineer and subcontractor change requests to ensure compliance with contract documents and specifications;
- Attend internal coordination and project meetings as requested/required;
- Coordinate and complete project photograph record;
- Complete additional assignments and responsibilities as requested by Project Manager or Senior Management;
- Become a candidate for promotion to Project Manager by developing good construction management skills and by learning and implementing Clearway construction methods and techniques.
- Post-Secondary Education/College Diploma - Civil Engineering related preferred
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe
- Valid British Columbia Drivers License
- Proficient in the English language (written and oral) with strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to meet and adhere to deadlines and work under strict time constraints
- Be self-motivated and driven
- Civil construction experience an asset.
- Competitive Salary with annual cost of living increases
- Annual Bonus Program
- Group RRSP with 100% Matching
- 100% Company Paid Benefits
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Care
- Vision Care
- Disability Insurance
- Vacation & Personal Days, plus Paid Holiday Shutdown
- Parental Leave Top-up Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Free On-site Parking
- Casual Dress
No phone calls or agencies, please.