At Clearway we are committed to every project. We pride ourselves on a keen work ethic and more importantly, the talent and skill of our people. In fact, the Clearway Staff is the reason why so many organizations turn to us for the most complex construction assignments. That is how we’ve evolved from a sewer and watermain contractor, to one of Canada’s most reputable construction companies with as many capabilities as there are needs.
Clearway has been operating since 1973 specializing in sewers and watermains, transportation, dry utilities, shoring, road reconstruction, bridges, concrete forming, marine, environmental remediation and treatment plants / pumping stations.
If you are looking to work for a growing company who values the contribution of its employees and you demonstrate creativity, ingenuity, initiative and a high-level commitment then we are the company for you. We offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities, with room to grow, learn and excel.
Reporting directly to the Construction Manager, The Site Superintendent is heavily involved in the day-to-day operations of their projects. The Site Superintendent is responsible for the allocation of resources, equipment and subcontractors within their projects. They will monitor the project site to ensure compliance with the owner’s standards, design procedures, contract specifications and industry best practices. The main objective of the Site Superintendent will be to deliver the specified work safely, within time, within budget and to the desired level of quality and workmanship.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and direct construction projects in strict accordance with the contract documents, Clearway methods and industry best practices;
- Ensure verification of safety compliance with all labour forces including subcontractors;
- Ensure all daily reports including: daily journals, Health and Safety documentation and maintenance records are completed at all times;
- Responsible to enforce all project safety and quality-control policies;
- Day-to-day coordination of construction crews, owned equipment, rented equipment, material supply and subcontractors, including maintenance of satisfactory relationships with owners, subcontractors, unions, etc.;
- Analyze specifications and construction drawings and complete/participate in completing construction plan and construction schedule prior to mobilization to project site;
- Monitor project site, to ensure compliance with owner’s standards, design procedures, contract specifications and industry best practices;
- Research solutions with Project Managers and Project Coordinators to recommend solutions to design problems, including conflicts, unidentified existing interferences and errors/omissions;
- Plan and implement schedules with Project Managers and Project Coordinators to determine crew/manpower levels and ensure proper equipment and subcontractors are available as required for the project;
- Attend and from time to time lead project meetings with internal and external parties to monitor and support the project;
- Review up-to-date cost reports with Project Manager to analyze, determine solutions and correct any tasks that are not within budget;
- Complete additional assignments and responsibilities as requested by Construction Manager and/or Senior Management;
- The main objective of the Project Superintendent will be to deliver the specified work within time, within budget and to the desired level of quality and workmanship.
- Engineering Degree (Civil Engineering preferred), or Construction Management Degree and civil experience
- 5+ years of civil construction experience
- A passion for construction
- Valid Ontario Drivers License
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe
- Proficient in the English language (written and oral) with strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Perceptive listening skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Adept at multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Negotiation and conflict management.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to meet and adhere to deadlines and work under strict time constraints
- Be self-motivated and driven
- Competitive Salary with annual cost of living increases
- Annual Bonus Program
- Group RRSP with 100% Matching
- 100% Company Paid Benefits
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Care
- Vision Care
- Disability Insurance
- Vacation & Personal Days, plus Paid Holiday Shutdown
- Parental Leave Top-up Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Free On-site Parking
- Casual Dress
Clearway is committed to maintaining an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
Please, no agencies